Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Kids... and spanking!

I am having one of those weeks, where I remember all the times my mom said while chasing me across the house with a red high heel shoe; "Wait til you have kids, I hope they act like you do."  With my upcoming deployment I think they are taking it hard this time.  Last time they didn't really change the way they were acting, until I left.  This time my oldest has had a crazy attitude, and trouble paying attention.  My youngest is just being himself, but for anyone who knows him, that's not saying much.  I guess I will have to write another blog explaining that situation some other time.  The crazy part is, I would have gotten my ass whooped had I had the attitude they do.  I would have never gotten away with it.

With people becoming more liberal about raising kids, people get pitchforks and torches if you even talk about spanking. So even though it worked, and there was only a little bit of trauma involving handcuffs and such, it is worth it.  I actually think the world would be a better place if it weren't for all the liberal parents that actually want their kids to like them.  Don't get me wrong, I don't condone abuse, there is a definite line that shouldn't be crossed, but spanking works.  The crazy thing is, a lady in Texas just went to jail, because she spanked her kid, on the ass, with her open palm, and did not even leave a mark.  Texas Law states that it is okay to spank with an open palm on the butt. I think it's outrageous that this judge totally ignored the law, and did what he thought was right.  Which brings me to my point, that even though the law is on your side when it comes to spanking, the judges, adn the people who decide to prosecute them, can do what they want.

All they are doing, is making it harder to be a good parent, who's kids respect them, and respect others.  I can't even go on the playground behind my house without hearing 10 year old kids calling each other mother fuckers and bitches.  What has the world come to that you can't even raise your kids the way you want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------